Should alcohol be served at sporting events? This is a question that has been debated for years, and there are pros and cons to both sides of the argument. Here, we take a look at the pros and cons of serving alcohol at sporting events, to help you make up your own mind on the matter.
Checkout this video:
Introduce the topic of alcohol being served at sporting events
The serving of alcohol at sporting events is a controversial topic. Some people believe that alcohol should not be served at sporting events because it can lead to rowdy and disruptive behavior. Others believe that serving alcohol at sporting events is perfectly fine as long as people drink responsibly.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Should alcohol be served at sporting events? Why or why not?
List the pros of alcohol being served at sporting events
1. Alcohol can be served responsibly at sporting events.
2. Serving alcohol can be a way to generate revenue for the event organizers.
3. Alcohol can help create a more festive atmosphere at sporting events.
4. Drinkers are less likely to become rowdy or disruptive if they are served alcohol in a controlled setting.
5. There is evidence that responsible serving of alcohol can reduce underage drinking and drunk driving.
List the cons of alcohol being served at sporting events
1. There would be an increase in rowdiness and bad behavior if alcohol was served at sporting events.
2. It would lead to more drink driving as people would be tempted to have “just one more for the road.”
3. There would be more underage drinking as adolescents would find it easier to get access to alcohol at sporting events.
4. Alcohol consumption would interfere with people’s enjoyment of the game as it can impair judgment and cause dehydration.
5. Serving alcohol at sporting events would send the wrong message to young people about the role of alcohol in society.
Give a conclusion on whether alcohol should or shouldn’t be served at sporting events
Whether alcohol should be served at sporting events is a hotly contested topic. Some argue that alcohol has no place at sporting events, as it can lead to rowdy and dangerous behavior. Others argue that serving alcohol is a way to increase revenue and create a more enjoyable experience for fans.
There is no easy answer to this question. On one hand, alcohol can certainly lead to problems such as excessive noise, fights, and property damage. On the other hand, banning alcohol from sporting events could create an atmosphere of frustration and resentment among fans. Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to serve alcohol at sporting events should be made on a case-by-case basis.