Keep up with the Olympics by learning what events are on right now.
Checkout this video:
The Olympics are a time when the world comes together to celebrate human achievement and excellence. Every two years, athletes from all over the globe compete in a variety of different sports, vying for a chance to win gold, silver, or bronze medals.
The 2020 Summer Olympics are currently underway in Tokyo, Japan. The games began on July 24th and will continue until August 9th. A total of 33 sports are being contested at the 2020 Olympics. Here is a list of all the sports that are currently being contested:
-Rowing Rugby sevens Sailing Shooting Soccer Softball Swimming Table tennis Taekwondo Tennis Track and field Triathlon Volleyball Water polo Weightlifting Wrestling
What Olympics Events Are On Right Now?
The following is a list of events that are currently happening during the Olympics. To see a full list of events, please visit the official website.
-Cross Country Skiing
-Short Track Speed Skating
With the single exception of the men’s 1500m freestyle, swimming events at the 2020 Olympics will take place in the evening, so fans in North America will have to stay up late or set their alarms early to watch. The swimming portion of the Olympics will begin on July 24 and conclude on August 9.
Diving competitions at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will be held from 7 to 20 August at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre. A total of eight events will be contested (4 each for men and women).
Individually, divers perform five dives – three compulsory dives, and two voluntary dives, with different degree of difficulty. The dives are all executed from the 10-meter platform. The compulsory dives must include two forward dives, one reverse dive, and one inward dive. The voluntary dives may include any type of acrobatic manoeuvres.
The top 12 divers in each event (with a maximum of 2 per nation per event) advance to the final round where they perform their voluntary dives again. Scoring of the Round 1 and Round 2 are separate; thus it is possible for a diver to qualify for the final but finish outside of the medal rankings in that round.
2.3 Track and Field
Track and field is a sport which includes athletic contests established on the skills of running, jumping, and throwing. The name is derived from the sport’s typical venue: a running track and a grass field for the throwing and some of the jumping events. Track and field is categorized under the umbrella sport of athletics, which also includes road running, cross country running, race walking, mountain running, and ultra running.
There are two main types of competitions in track and field: track meets (including relays) andfield meets. Track meets are competitions between athletes who compete at the same time on a running track, while infield meets athletes contest with each other on a grassfield.
2.4 Gymnastics consists of four events: the floor, the balance beam, the vault, and the asymmetric bars. The floor is a gymnastics event that is contested on a mat that measures 12m x 12m. The floor has four square corners and four tapered corners. The balance beam is an event that is contested on a beam that is 4m long and 10cm wide. The vault is an event in which gymnasts sprint down a runway, launch themselves onto a horse-shaped apparatus, and then perform aerial maneuvers. The asymmetric bars are two parallel bars that are positioned at different heights. Gymnasts perform acrobatic maneuvers on the bars.
The Olympics are a great time to watch your favorite athletes compete for the gold. But, if you’re like most people, you probably don’t have time to sit in front of the television all day long to see every event. So, what Olympics events are on right now?
Here is a schedule of the Olympics events that are taking place today, August 5th. All times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
– Archery – Men’s Individual Gold Medal Match: USA vs. Italy – 8:00pm
– Badminton – Women’s Singles Bronze Medal Match: Japan vs. India – 9:00pm
– Boxing – Men’s Welterweight (69kg) Quarterfinal 3: Ukraine vs. Uzbekistan – 10:00pm
– Diving – Men’s 3m Springboard Final: USA, China, Russia – 8:30pm
– Fencing – Women’s Team Epee Semifinal 1: Italy vs. China – 8:45pm
– Gymnastics – Men’s Team Final: USA, Russia, China – 9:00pm
– Judo – Men’s 100kg and Women’s 78kg Gold Medal Matches – 10:00pm
– Rowing – Men’s Quadruple Sculls Repechage 2 and Women’s Double Sculls Semifinal A/B 2 – 10:10pm and 10:20pm respectively
– Sailing – Medal Races for RS:X Men and Laser Radial Women classes (final races to determine medalists) 12:00pm and 12:05pm respectively
– Soccer – Women’s Semifinal 2: Brazil vs. Japan – 7:00pm
– Swimming – Finals for men’s 100m freestyle, women’s 200m butterfly, men’s 200m breaststroke, women’s 4x200m freestyle relay 7:54pm, 8:03pm, 8;11pm, and 8;27 pm respectively